” A helping hand is better than a thousand praying lips.”
And thus, being in resonance with this thought, BloodConnect was founded in 2010 with just 5 members. This humble beginning, backed by NSS in the dorms of an IIT Delhi hostel has now grown into a much celebrated NGO of the nation, with over 250 volunteers from 40+ colleges spread over 20+ cities. Started with the initiative to arrange blood donors to people in need, the largest youth run NGO of India has developed into an full fledged organization, with its own 24*7 helpline system along with spreading awareness about the cause throughout the nation by establishing a youth network to eliminate the problem from the roots. In 2015-16 alone, the volunteers have collected 15000 units of blood, saving 30000 lives.
BUT WHY SHOULD I JOIN BLOODCONNECT?
By 2020, India is set to become the world’s youngest country with 64 percent of its population in the working age group. Every third person in an Indian city today is an youth. This huge potential can be tapped to make a better society for all of us, ensuring positivity and productivity in our lives. This is one of the best run youth societies worth working for.
By joining BloodConnect, you can:
- Become the active thinking and doing person you’ve always wanted to become
- Get an opportunity to learn by making mistakes for umpteen number of times and still have room for personal development
- Learn to work in teams and manage them
- Challenge and hone your creativity in the fields of marketing, management, web development and writing
- Develop social conscience
- Solve a wide range of problems, and produce possibly life changing results
- Evolve into a better person, raise to greater heights
- Become a superhero 🙂
SOUNDS GOOD, BUT IS IT WORTH MY TIME?
Being the largest youth run NGO of the country, BloodConnect has its own share of reputation when it comes to be counted with societies like the Rotary Clubs and the Red Cross Society. Today, each and every corporate is looking for candidates with analytical and logical skills with a tinge of humanity. Hence, this will definitely add a zing to your CV and change its flavors altogether.
Your HR interviewer will surely applaud your impressive work profile because you’d be:
- Handling helpline:Talk to people who need blood; Arrange donors to help them
- Organizing blood donation camps:Contact colleges, corporates, RWAs; Help organize a successful camp
- Helping in publicity:Design posters; Make videos; Write articles; Help in online publicity
- Getting media support, sponsors:Contact newspapers, radio channels; Publicize the cause; Get us funds
- Supporting Expansion:After gaining the expertise in various aspects, help us expand our work in different cities
I can sense the feeling of the future euphoria you’d be getting after you complete your first request! This is the best part of joining BloodConnect: personal satisfaction and peace. So come out of your comfort zone and provide a life to someone today if you can! #everydropcounts
Log on to BLOODCONNECT today!